The Campsite

The Campsite
The official campsite at ICU/PCU waiting area

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Closing Down the Campsite

As I am settled into my very own comfy chair at home, watching the year-end highlights on TV, I felt compelled to have some closure on 2014-- specifically on my home away from home for several weeks of my life this year--the Campsite.

I lived the most heart-wrenching, prayerful, life-altering days of my 54 years at that campsite. As  a result, I learned, all over again, how to truly rest and thrive in God's love. And for that I am grateful.

We came breathlessly close to losing one of our most precious gifts during that time at the campsite. In God's graciousness, we witnessed a miracle. It made the campsite one of the happiest places on the sixth floor. It gave many renewed hope--something desperately needed on that floor.

The campsite re-emerged once we received that beautiful call that gave Kurt a second chance. Different floor, different surroundings, different situation...yet another miracle of God.

So, fast-forward to December 31, 2014. We're all sitting here, each in our own spot, warm and comfy and back to a blessed normal.

I'll never forget that campsite; it's etched into my memory forever. Nevertheless, I happily close it down with the prayer that 2015 will require no campsites for any of us.

Blessings to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment